Home Office Update, A New Chair - Full Reveal Next Week


If you follow my blog you will remember I created my office moodboard some time ago, first it was coastal, which then changed to a French theme, and although I have adhered to this style, not everything has gone to plan, especially when the chair for my desk was delivered the other week. When I went in search of a suitable desk chair, I was so busy trying them for comfort, that I completely forgot to compare the width of the chair in relation to the length of my small desk. When the chair arrived, I felt that it was just too large for the desk. However, it is such a gorgeous chair, I have decided to place it in the corner of my office.

The corner of my office has an angled wall and as I don't use the narrow cupboard, I thought the chair might work in front of the cupboard in this awkward space. Of French style, the chair, is covered in beige linen with a buttoned back and is the type of chair that would work in most areas of my home, including my living area. It has a few quirky design features, such as the rustic wood on the winged part and hessian/burlap on the back of the chair. The upholstery is finished off with small, dark tacks, which I think adds to its appeal. It is not the original look I was going for but it is certainly comfortable, everyone has commented favourably and as you can see, Poppy seems very much at home on it.

I decided a while ago, when I redecorated my bedroom and removed the antique French shutters I used as a headboard, I would find another use for them so I have moved one into my office on the angled wall beside the chair. I replaced the chrome handle on the cupboard behind the chair with a lovely antique brass handle from Yvonne Sanders and hung a two toned blue and rust coloured tassel off the handle for some added detail. The cushion is from my guest bedroom, I used it for the photos but plan to have a new one made in soft blues and beige for this room.











I have two pictures to hang next week and a little re-arranging and the reveal should then be ready to post. Thank you to everyone for your patience, the trouble is when you begin these jobs, other things crop up and it ultimately takes longer to complete but I can't wait to post the final reveal.





Linking with the following blog parties:





No comments:

Post a Comment