A Dream Wedding

I have two friends whose children are marrying this year, one whose daughter has chosen to marry on an exotic island in the South Pacific and one whose son will marry in an unknown venue in Auckland, (still in planning stages... it's sure to be stunning!) I also have another friend flying 24 hours and 16 minutes, (to be precise), to attend a very "posh" family wedding in the UK. Sadly I don't have any daughters, I have two wonderful sons but neither are anywhere near marriage planning stages. Nevertheless, I suddenly thought, if I had the opportunity to plan a wedding, where would I start. My personal friends know I'm a dreamer but also a planner and this post today is about both dreaming and planning. Wouldn't it be fabulous to be given the opportunity to organise a wedding from start to finish, with no expense spared. Of course, it might be a dream but if it were real imagine what fun it could be. With money no object and wedding venues abundant, the world is my oyster. So, today I'm going to bring my wedding to life with beautiful images portraying that perfect dream.

A wedding, if only a "dream", nevertheless must have a theme, only then can you start to plan. One could marry barefoot on a beach in the Maldives, tripping down the aisle of St Paul's Cathedral in Jimmy Choo's, or a flower filled meadow in Provence. The world is your oyster and my head is spinning. However, I have to make decisions fast as this wedding is happening today, (remember its just a dream) and my given planning time is only as long as it takes to write this post. Therefore some quick thinking and fast decision making has to happen and unfortunately I'm a terrible procrastinator, (it happens with age). With my mind a buzz and not many hours left in the day, I've decided my theme will be French country romance.

I prepare a quick check list and off I go...

(Disclaimer, 'with a smile'... This list may not adhere to the wedding planners code of order, remember this is a "dream wedding" and I am the dreamer ☺)

Check List:

♥ Budget
♥ Wedding date
♥ Church or marriage venue
♥ Bridesmaids/flower girls & their gifts
♥ Hairdresser/makeup
♥ photographer
♥ Guest list
♥ Wedding stationery
♥ Bridal gift list
♥ Wedding venue
♥ Flowers/florist
♥ Wedding cake
♥ Caterer/menu
♥ Wedding dress/shoes
♥ Wedding rings
♥ Car for bridal party
♥ After party - venue/music/drinks
♥ Honeymoon

My perfect wedding in pictures...

The atmosphere, French, romantic and feminine, the venue, "France of course!".



The cake, romantic with roses, have to have roses...



The gown, the hair, the shoes, and of course "diamonds"...



Invitations, bridesmaids and flower girls....



A simple, romantic table setting...



The honeymoon...




Looking at my pile of dishes from spending too much time dreaming today, I realise my dream has come to an end. Wedding planning took a little longer than anticipated, but I enjoyed every moment and I hope you did too.

Collage of images created by Lee Caroline - A World of Inspiration, using "Style Me Pretty"

Please visit my source of wedding venues and other event locations.






















No comments:

Post a Comment