A Contemporary Turkish Interior - A Dream Or Reality

I have a dream and my dream is to one day retire somewhere warm and sunny. In my dream I envision  many friends visiting, warm sunny days on  my terrace, weekends browsing markets and long balmy evenings around the dinner table with my guests. On my wish list I have three areas I may like to live, Tuscany, Provence and Antalya, most of us are familiar with the first two provinces of Italy and France but how many of you know about Antalya.

Some years ago I spent 10 days in Turkey where I attended the Istanbul Tango Festival and absolutely fell in love with the people, cuisine, shopping and its historical magic.  During my short visit I was told by some locals that I must not leave Turkey without visiting Antalya province, especially Kalkan. Coincidentally this week, while seeking inspiration for a post and at the same time, dreaming of a warm and sunny place, I  came across Kalkan Property and discovered that living a dream with constant sunshine, remarkable history and fabulous food, may not be so far out of reach after all.

Kalkan is in Antalya province, Turkey, a peaceful resort and fishing town on the azure waters of the Mediterranean. It's been said, if you love Tuscany and the Dordogne, then you will most definitely fall in love with Kalkan. So I set out today to find my dream home in Kalkan and discovered some unbelievable contemporary (off plan) apartments over looking the Mediterranean. The apartments are for sale from only US$121,037. In New Zealand property is at an all time high and where I live in Auckland you wouldn't be able to buy a car space at this price, let alone an exquisite apartment with its own pool overlooking the sea. You would literally be paying millions for a place such as this.

When I first set eyes on their coastal show home with its sleek contemporary interior and wonderful Mediterranean light reflecting off its walls, I simply had to share it with you. This apartment is exactly how I would want my holiday home to feel, no clutter, fresh and white and with an overall feeling of relaxation. Learning more about this pretty town and seeing these gorgeous, reasonably priced apartments has seriously got me thinking.













Image Credit


Well, what do you think, should I be brave enough to take the plunge, sell up and move there now?





No comments:

Post a Comment