'Bramasole' From Under The Tuscan Sun - A Peek Inside This Pretty Tuscan Villa now known as Villa Laura



Some years ago Frances Mayes began a new life moving from the USA to restore an abandoned villa in the beautiful, Tuscan countryside. If you have seen the movie 'Under The Tuscan Sun',  you will be all too familiar with her story about 'Bramasole''. In 2006 Bramasole was sold and further restored and is now one of the most beautiful villas available to rent in Cortona. With three buildings, the Villa, Farmhouse and Limonaia, I thought today you may enjoy a little tour.

Under The Tuscan Sun is one of my favourite movies, in fact I would go as far as saying that I cherish my DVD copy so much, I feel more than reluctant to loan it out in case it doesn't make its way back. I am also too embarrassed to say how many times I have watched the movie. Bramasole, the countryside and Italy, are totally irresistible to me. It is said that Diane Lane, the actress who played Frances in this movie, didn't want to go home at the end, and I am not at all surprised. You might want to dig deep in your pocket though, as a week at Villa Laura (formerly Bramasole), complete with daily maid, doesn't come cheap.

Images copyright to Villa Laura

Friends are coming to pick me up today and take me to lunch, a birthday treat. Turning my head towards the window and looking at the cloudy Auckland skies, I am thinking how wonderful it would be to rent out villa Laura for a whole summer (our winter) and have friends and family visit...well everything has to start with a dream and who knows, if you got 20 people together, maybe it could become a reality?

If you wish to rent Villa Laura (formerly Bramasole), or view more images you can find... more information here.

I hope you have a lovely weekend, I have a few things to look forward to so not too worried about the dreary weather, although... I think I can just see a peek of the sun.





I will be sharing this post with the following blogs:


No comments:

Post a Comment