Sharing Photos of My Home - My winter decor and a Kelly Hoppen inspired idea


Firstly, I have to apologise if you receive this post twice, I accidentally pressed 'publish' instead of 'save', and had to reverse it to draft again. I believe that if you are signed up for email you may receive the unfinished/unedited version prior to this one. 

I have recently changed my  blue and white, summer cushions to winter shades so decided to bring my camera out of hibernation and share a few shots with you. I love the inlaid cabinet above, purchased when I was living as an expat in Brunei. Unfortunately it doesn't go with the mirror's frame, I plan to re-paint the frame either black or white. Alternatively I am tossing up whether to hang a large painting on this wall.

Above: I love tassels of all textures, often you will see them hanging off door handles or cupboards around my home

Above: I decided to take a leaf (excuse the pun), from the post I wrote about Kelly Hoppen's foliage touches, and created a simple vignette using three white glazed, ceramic pots


Above: I swapped my blue and white cushions for winter tones and textures, replacing them with warmer shades and a gorgeous faux, fur throw

Above: This chair is one of a pair I really don't like, but undecided about whether to re-cover them and add some studded detail or replace the chairs entirely

 Above: A shot of part of my 'inherited' kitchen which is going to be completely re-vamped. It was meant to be done last summer, however what originally was to be a makeover is now going to be a completely new kitchen. I may also turn the tiny laundry into a small butlers pantry....hence the delay, decisions...decisions!
 A peek of my new, white plantation shutter from BrightshineThe bar stools are a little contemporary for me..not sure what I was thinking that day. I may replace these when the kitchen is renovated. The stainless steel splash back and kick boards are most definitely going. I am still undecided between subway tiles and a glass splash back

Above: The last of the lemons from my patio

Above: My herb planter

Above: The promise of spring ahead

I am forever changing my cushions it is the easiest way to update a room, not sure what colour this summer might bring :) If you missed my office reveal, you can catch up...here.

A lovely weekend to all, wherever you are in the world. The weather is warming up in Auckland (well today), and I am eagerly looking forward to spring. 







I will be sharing this post with the following blogs:



No comments:

Post a Comment