Comfort Foods - Creamy Polenta & Mushrooms or Chili Sweet Potato? Oh! and not forgetting something sweet - All Gluten Free

I am sitting at my desk shivering, I have 3 layers on, including thermals, the heat pump is blowing away in the living room but unfortunately the heat does not seem to be making its way through to my office. I am in definite need of body warming, comfort food and after spending some time on Pinterest, I have found a few winners.

I have to admit I haven't actually eaten polenta, I thought it contained gluten, however Jeanine at Love and Lemons has a gluten free recipe for creamy polenta and mushrooms which is not only warming but looks thoroughly delicious.


Above: Creamy Polenta & Mushrooms - Recipe can be found  here at  'Love & Lemons' - Jeanine uses mixed mushrooms, I am going to use Shitake and Portobello mushrooms as they are sure to be at our supermarket.

Above: I also spotted Jeanine's Sweet Potato, Vegetarian Chili which includes a few more ingredients than the simple polenta, however definitely a healthy comfort food ...Please find the recipe here.

And...of course, comfort food has to include a little sweetness so I thought these muffins would be the perfect accompaniment...

Above: Gluten Free Apple Cake Muffins from The Gluten Free Goddess...Recipe here. I think they would be doubly delicious served straight out of the oven with a dollop of creamy, Greek yoghurt on the side.


I hope your week has been fruitful and you have an enjoyable weekend. I will be re planting my tiny vegetable plot as I filled it up with seedlings a few weeks ago and the snails have been feasting and all that is left is the plants roots.


Lee 








No comments:

Post a Comment