Hamptons Style & an Australasian Hamptons Style Store


I realise it wasn't long ago I posted, 'Hooked on Hamptons' and how to achieve this style. However, when I discovered a little Hamptons in my quarter of the world I couldn't resist writing another post. I mean, who could get bored with such a restful look. Designers each have their own unique way of interpreting this style so it is always nice to see fresh ideas.

If you saw the movie, "Something's Gotta Give", you are likely to remember the stunning Hampton's home it was filmed in. I fell in love with the kitchen and promised myself that one day I would have a similar look. Hamptons style is predominantly based on a neutral colour scheme, white or a subtle hint of colour. Light filled spaces, usually with gentle shades of blue, grey, beige or white. Furniture is mostly traditional with a country look. Comfortable and relaxed, nothing too formal, the addition of a little rustic furniture works well but this must not be overdone.

While I was looking for some Hamptons inspiration, I discovered a delightful on-line store, appropriately called "Hamptons Style", run by Donna, an Australian who considers herself a workaholic  but with a love of relaxed spaces. As well as her on line store, Donna has a shop located in Sanctuary Cove on Australia's Gold Coast. Fancy! Hamptons in our part of the world. I am sharing some images I feel depict this style and also some of Donna's Hamptons Style homeware.

Above: Soft colours and classic comfortable furniture. A little ironwork adds a slightly rustic touch - Image via

Above: A little more traditional, however the perfect Hamptons colour scheme - Image via

Above: Touches of natural materials such as this woven sea grass tray work well with this style of decor - Image via

Above: Image via Pinterest, original image William Hefner Architecture




The homeware and furniture above, is available on-line from Hamptons Style or from their Gold Coast store. Donna also has an inspiring blog where she shares different Hamptons style homes, products and ideas, plenty of inspiration if this is your look.

Ending this post with a stunning Queensland home that proves Hamptons style is very much alive in our little corner of the world. For more images of this fabulous home, please use the link below:

 

If  you would like to view more images of this beautiful Queensland home, please visit  Made In Heaven.


If you missed my previous Hamptons post I have added a link below:




Lee oxo


If you would like to receive the latest posts from Lee Caroline direct to your inbox, you can enter your email address below:

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment