Recently I posted a few discoveries, including a Raspberry Coconut Smoothie from Creme de La Crumb. I decided to have a go at creating a similar smoothie with blueberries. The result was a deliciously healthy, mid morning pick up.
In reading up on the health benefits of coconut, consumed in moderation, coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6. Minerals such as iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous are also found in coconut. The other added benefit of including it in a smoothie, is that it is lactose free which for me, lactose and gluten intolerant, makes it possible to still enjoy such luxuries. I made my version with fresh blueberries, however, I would recommend frozen, unless you don't mind drinking it at room temperature, consume immediately to gain the health benefits.
Blueberry & Coconut Milk, Dairy/ Free Smoothie
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1 cup of low fat coconut milk or 3/4 cup if you like thick smoothies
1 medium size banana (peeled)
- Place your banana and coconut milk into a blender, whizz until well combined
- Drop in your berries and whizz again
- To make it extra healthy you could throw in a tablespoon of ground LSA however, it can add a grainy texture to smoothies
- Take 1 Large glass, turn the glass upside down and dip the rim in a little water, shake it off then dip into sugar. I find this easy by pouring some caster sugar onto side plate around 1/4" deep. Then dip your glass rim carefully into the sugar
- Sprinkle the top with a little coconut and add a few fresh berries if serving for guests
- This makes enough for two serves
Add a pretty straw and voila.....
If you missed my last weekly inspiration post where I share recipes, diy and interiors from the blogasphere, you may want to catch up....here. If you want to try out the original Raspberry version of this smoothy, you will find it....here.
I will be sharing this post with the following blogs: