A Renovated Village House in Spain - Bright, light and textural

I find it fascinating to view the interiors of other peoples homes, especially when they are on the other side of the world. When we look into homes of different cultures we find new discoveries, ideas and inspiration that can extend to our own interiors.  I am very choosy about the houses I feature and realise it is hard to please everyone as we all have different tastes. However, the home I am featuring today I am sure will have a piece that everyone will love. When I lived in Abu Dhabi, one of my favourite places to shop was Zara, not only for clothes but also for homeware. It was one shop that had weekly deliveries so there was always something new. This renovated Spanish, village house has scatterings of Zara's homeware throughout. The grey and pink bowls and throw on the dining table and tea towels in the kitchen are all from Zara. Over three levels, with the ground floor open plan living/dining/kitchen and the bedrooms above, the house is compact but very livable. A white coat of paint can be seen throughout, achieving a light filled interior with a country feel.

A cosy area for relaxing - An eclectic mix of styles and textures

An open fire was retained, however a  more modern approach was taken

Pops of pink add a contemporary touch to this dining space

A compact  kitchen with a combination of open shelving and cupboards. Often you will find Spanish, French and Italian kitchens, quite basic which is a little surprising considering they are reknown for their cooking. 

A simple kitchen is all its owners require

A second floor bedroom - I love the chunky bed throw and the pretty striped valence peeking out, reminds me of Christmas candy canes
Attic bedroom - The raspberry red throw adds texture and lifts this predominantly white room
A well organised bedroom corner
A simple bathroom with essentials. I like the open display below the basin. I think the little stags head is possibly to hang a towel on

Images via (The link also tells you where most of the furniture and accessories are from).

I hope you have enjoyed this home tour, It has reminded me to buy some new towels and pretty soaps for my bathroom. I am also thinking of knitting one of those chunky throws for winter, I might put it on my sofa. With chunky knitting needles I imagine they wouldn't take too long to knit. I remember featuring the image with the knitted throw in a post I wrote a couple of years ago about Hand knitted homeware. If you like chunky knitting you may want to catch up with this post.

Lee oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment