Chalk Paint™ 3 Fabulous Makeovers

Yesterday I started my first project with Chalk Paint™, decorative paint by Annie Sloan, and last night I could hardly sleep with excitement. I realise my USA and UK readers already know the wonders of this amazing product, however, new to our antipodean shores I want to help my local readers discover its potential. This Friday I will be featuring a step by step makeover by Olivia from Lucille. Olivia will show us how she transforms two bedside cabinets with Paloma Chalk Paint™, my own project will feature at the end of next week. 

Last night I was up until midnight as I wanted to wax and buff one of the painted drawers. I tend to be an impatient painter so the only way I could satisfy my curiosity, was to complete one drawer from start to finish. I have absolutely no previous experience with Chalk Paint™, however, from an artists point of view I can see great potential from decorative finishes to simple ease of use. For my own makeover, I am mixing two colours and will be using a different colour for the top of the drawers. I am planning Chalk Paint™ makeovers to be a regular feature on 'Lee Caroline', so if you don't want to miss out on upcoming posts you can receive email updates. (Note: email information is strictly private and used only to send blog post updates. You can cancel at any time).

To whet your appetites, I am featuring 3 fabulous makeovers discovered on Pinterest. Each makeover uses a different technique and is totally inspiring to a newbie furniture painter like myself. If you are already familiar with Chalk Paint™, I am sure you can still learn more.

Painted with a mix of Duck Egg and Provence, Suzonne from Urban Comfort, transformed a tired dresser into a stunning showpiece...read more here


I love the colour technique used on this French chest by Kelli at Restore Interiors....Learn more here

Fellow blogger Kate from Centsational girl, transformed a dark mahogany console with French Linen chalk Paint™  and shows a simple way to apply gold accent detail.... Learn more here

If you have never used chalk Paint™, seriously I challenge you to try it, beware...its totally addictive! chalk Paint™, decorative paint by Annie Sloan, haopened my eyes to the opportunity of bringing new life to my mums old furniture. I believe there is a secret to getting a professional look with chalk Paint™ and I will share this with you when I feature my own makeover next week. I would love to hear your own painting experiences, so please feel free to leave a comment.

I hope this will be the beginning of a lovely week for you all.












No comments:

Post a Comment