Gazebo's - Perfect For Summer Shade & Outdoor Entertaining

Spring has definitely shown her face and at the time of drafting this post, I've spent most of the warm, sunny day shopping around for shade ideas for my back garden. I literally have a garden the size of a postage stamp, nevertheless my aim is to have it look like it could one day shine on the pages of House & Home. Last year I was forever moving my sun umbrella around to the point I actually broke it so today I was on a mission to look at shade cloths. This was an away from the computer moment trailing around three different stores and two different suburbs and 4 hours later I still had nothing.

As I write this post I am back home, on the computer again and looking for more inspiration. When I was searching images, I spotted a gazebo at The Garden Furniture Centre, I hadn't explored the possibility of a gazebo and decided to look for more inspiration. After finding some wonderful ideas on Pinterest, I am now considering the possibility of a gazebo instead of a shade cloth. In fact I am more than excited about the idea after discovering the images below.

I might not be 'desperately seeking Susan', but I am 'desperately seeking shade.' My bi-fold doors lead from my kitchen to the rear deck and in Summer the doors are open all day. The area faces North/West and gets all day sun. "Note to self" - Buy decking stain...I am re-staining the deck almost black and working with my existing rattan furniture. I plan to add some colourful squab cushions to the seating area surrounding the deck. I can easily envision a gazebo above the table and it would be fabulous to be able to hang a chandelier even if it was only for aesthetic reasons.


Two options....

1


And lots of inspiring ideas especially  blogger Liz Marie's back yard makeover in the image below. You can visit Liz's blog to see her great before and after images of how she made clever use of a gazebo to enhance her outdoor area.


3

4

5

6

7

Gazebo, shade cloth or back to the humble, sun umbrella, what do you think?

1|2|3|4|5|6|7

Sharing this post with the following blogs:











No comments:

Post a Comment