Christmas Inspiration 2012 - Yes, It's Not That Far Away

Yesterday was a busy day, first I battled the wind to do my weekly shop at La Cigale market. I usually always follow this with a latte and almond croissant at the market, but this week after over indulging at my sons 30th I decided to sacrifice the almond croissant and pop over to the monthly antiques fair in Avondale. On my way home I called by Corsa di Fiori looking for summer cushions for my living room and again had to battle the wind from my car to their front entrance. When I entered the shop I was surprised to see the normally overstocked shop looking far more sparse, I think the salesman saw my look of surprise and said, "oh were making room for Christmas"... "Christmas! I thought to myself, but it's only October, it's almost three months away". I then realised that 3 months is not long at all, and before we know it we will be making our Christmas cakes and rushing around doing last minute shopping. I have absolutely no idea where this year has gone and wonder if you  feel the same or is it just me?

This week I've been so busy with mum's house that I haven't had time to put my usual "Inspiration from the blogasphere" post together, and as I'm now thinking about Christmas I've been wondering how I might decorate my Christmas table. This year will be my first Christmas without my mum so I've decided not to overdo my table, there will be just my boys and my mums friend and her son. I'm not sure I will feel its a time to celebrate so I'm going to keep it simple and not use traditional Christmas decorations on the table, I'm therefore, finding this years inspiration from some wedding decor below and hope you find some inspiration too...

Pretty and romantic, and I do love gold...




You can't go wrong with white...



Or what about a little colour....



Last year my Christmas was mauve and silver, this year? If your looking for more Christmas inspiration check out my Pinterest Boards below






No comments:

Post a Comment