Blue & White Interiors - Traditional to Contemporary

Blue and white is a timeless combination, and works well most interiors, I have a number of pieces of  blue and white china I collected while living in Asia and have grouped these together on top of my Korean cabinet (see below). A blue and white palette can be used to create a classic, countrycottage,or coastal look to an interior. Today I want to share some varying styles using this palette, from soft turquoise blues to the more traditional French Blue, I hope these inspire you to experiment a little with blue and white.

 A soft country look with linens and naive pottery.


Fellow blogger Kim from Savvy Southern Style's  delightful sun room. I love the blue and white plates displayed on her walls.

A corner of the sunroom where Kim she sits with her laptop and writes for her blog "Savvy Southern Style". Visit Kim's blog to see her home tour.

 The blue ceramic jars add impact to this uncluttered space with a  distinct Mediterranean look. 


 Stripes and soft blues work wonderfully against a background of white for a coastal look.


 Lots of interest in this room with a mix of shades of blue and earth tones.

I love the wall sconce's what a great way to show off  your most precious items.


I also wanted to share a few shots of my own blue and white collection...
 This lovely old Korean cabinet was purchased in Abu Dhabi of all places and made its way back to NZ in my shipment.

 Inexpensive blue and white can look effective when grouped together.

My favourite ginger jar, unfortunately not a genuine antique but a very good reproduction as it is hand painted and not transfers... I would love to know the story behind the figures painted on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment