Ikat Design

I'm surprised to see how the Ikat design is making a big impact on modern Interiors today as it's not a design I thought would be easy to live with.  Traditional Ikat is dark red in colour but the new trends have turned this traditional design into a modern contemporary look in a range of colours. As you can see from the images below, Ikat can be used to accent the contemporary or classic home. 

























  Ikat is a traditional Malay/Indonesian design. I bought a very old piece of woven Ikat when I lived in Borneo to use in a painting of a still life, along with an Iban basket and Mangoes. 


Watercolour - Still Life - In a private collection in Australia

If your not familiar with my paintings, more of my work can be seen "here"...
or on my easel at the moment please click "here"

Images 1-7 via Pinterest

sharing with:



Lee oxo
&
Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment