Christmas Tablesetting - Mauve and Silver

Christmas by tradition is Red and green but times have been a changing  and the modern Christmas can be almost any theme or colour. The traditional Christmas Angel atop the tree has flown her wings in many houses and now flowers/butterflies and bows can be seen, even the Eiffel tower is not amiss on top of a tree. There seems to be no right or wrong. So, with this in mind my Christmas table  follows my Purple/Mauve and silver theme and my Christmas tree has sprigs of mauve hydrangea amongst its decorations.

I used vintage silver cutlery and serving ware and combined with some gorgeous Laura Ashley glasses and two beautiful hurricane lamps, also from Laura Ashley. A simple setting for six. I used little silver stars and some mauve crystals to decorate the table. The small tree was from the Christmas Heirloom Company and decorated by myself.

 A cosy setting for 6



The little purple & silver boxes will hold some Rocky Road Bark for my guests. I love the fine gauzy linen tablecloth, purchased from a little shop in St Heliers called "Distinctive Linens."

Instead of using serviette rings I used two organza ribbons and tied a bow to soften the look of the table.

These exquisite glasses are from Laura Ashley - Wide platinum band optic 
wine glass - NZD54.00 each
small white rose in mercury glass from Laura Ashley - NZD39.00

A close up of this gorgeous glass -  I scattered little silver stars on the table. I also scattered some purple crystals


Gosford Cushion as previously seen "here" - Laura Ashley NZD209.00 


Silver and glass hurricane lamp from Laura Ashley - NZD179.00.  A classic looking piece, silver is fast becoming popular again. The other pieces of silver on my table are pieces passed down through our family.






These sweet "Merry Xmas" silver metal tags from Le Monde NZD$12 for 6 (great to tie to gifts/crackers or serviettes)

Zzzzz...says Poppy who was quite put out by the lack of attention during the photo shoot.






I hope you found some inspiration 
for your own Christmas table setting.

Lee oxo
&
Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment