Tracey's Citrus Slice

ci

Photograph by Mark O'Meara and Steve Brown

My friend Tracey who now lives in  Australia, gave me this really easy refrigerate slice recipe. I met Tracey when we were living in Brunei, she was a great cook, friend and also a very creative lady who used to make the most beautiful patchwork quilts and exquisitely detailed Victorian embroidery.  

For a short time I joined Tracey's embroidery group but soon found out embroidery was not my forte when I realised the back of my embroidery looked like a "dogs dinner" with ends of cotton poking out everywhere, whereas all the other skilled embroiderers looked as good on the back as the front. I do still have some of the pieces I made in the group including a really sweet Victorian pin cushion which had embroidered strawberries on it. I was very proud of this piece, luckily the reverse side was hidden within the stuffing :) 


Lemons are plentiful in Australasia right now, so my suggestion for the slice. The lemons below I picked from my mothers garden. The beautiful lace mat is also my mothers and was hand made by my grandmother many years ago. I think the lace technique is called "tatting".




This slice makes a great lunchbox filler or yummy to have with a cup of tea and friends. Another simple, full proof recipe for those who struggle with baking.  Please see my recipe page or click on the photos above for a direct link.





No comments:

Post a Comment