Fashion - Timeless Vixen, Vintage Couture


Friday has flown by and unfortunately in Auckland today we have had continual rain. Its now 8pm and I am writing up Saturdays blog.  I realise that my viewers in the USA are only just beginning the early hours of their Saturday, it gets a bit confusing as when you read this article you will  be a day behind us.  Therefore if I flew to the USA on my birthday I would actually arrive on the day before, hence I could celebrate twice :) Confusing!

Yesterday I featured the unusual paintings of Vanessa-Gaye and her Organic Couture Exhibition. Today I am so excited as I discovered an amazing shop on the Internet called "Timeless Vixen".  The shop is in Etsy but I am blogging on this page today not my Etsy Page as Timeless Vixen sells the most beautiful vintage gowns I have ever seen and I thought they would complement yesterdays blog on Vanessa's unusual paintings of dresses.  



Timeless Vixen has amazing original designer gowns from Hollywood dating from the 1870's to the 1970's. Only the best have been selected for their collection and it is clear to me that the buyers for this shop have exquisite taste. I guess their location in Beverly Hills says a lot, the store is based there and for those lucky enough to live in this area you are able to make private viewing appointments.  I think if you were on holiday in Los Angeles it would be worth contacting them for a viewing especially if you have a really special occasion coming up such as a wedding or ball.  I would not be at all surprised if they do not sell to Hollywood stars as some of these gowns would look amazing on the Red Carpet.  I certainly wouldn't mind seeing one of these trailing along my own carpet!

Timeless Vixen has cocktail attire, vintage bridal wear, beautiful gowns including burlesque and boudoir.  All these gorgeous dresses are well photographed and detail can easily be seen on their Etsy shop site. Its exciting to know that no matter where you live in the world you could purchase one of these beautiful gowns as they will ship worldwide and shipping prices are clearly shown on the details page of a specific item.  The store has had a huge number sales as you can see and the feedback is 100% positive. 

I spent hours yesterday looking at these gowns, I just couldn't stop and it was terribly hard to choose which ones I wanted to showcase on here as there are just too many.  As soon as I saved one gown I would spot another one even more beautiful.  I will post a few of the designs here and I suggest you then go to their shop and take a look at the rest of their dresses. New designs arrive each week so if you are into vintage or you have a special occasion or wedding coming up I would advise adding their shop to your favourites. Even if you don't intend to buy, please take a look as you wont be disappointed, they are a visual feast for the eyes.

I feel the gowns/dresses are actually well priced as you would not be able to purchase a new gown of this quality and originality at anywhere near these prices today. Some of the labels such as vintage Christian Dior and other couture designers are more expensive but probably one of a kind and some would most definitely be considered "collectors items". 

I wont keep you in suspense any longer, so please enjoy looking at my selection below and if you want to go to the main shop click on their logo above or click on the individual dresses to see further details.  Most of the dresses I have selected are very much party dresses, however there are more simple designs if you browse their site.  I have given a brief description to some of the gowns but to see the full description click on one of the images and you will go directly to the dress.  Don't forget if you want to get back to my site, use the back browser as unfortunately at this stage I do not have pop up pages to the links but hopefully in time these will be in place.



1950's Fuchsia Pink Shimmer Silk Satin Couture Dress

1950's Vintage Lilac Purple Shimmer


1950's Vintage Red Roses, flocked floral and Chantilly lace and tulle couture gown or cocktail dress


1950's Vintage Pink Roses Watercolour Floral Chiffon Couture dress




1950's Vintage Red Roses, Embroidered Floral Garden Couture full swing Party Dress


1950's vintage Ceil Chapman Designer Couture, Sapphire Blue/Purple silk Satin party Dress




1940's vintage, rhinestone beaded gown






1950's vintage Teal Green embroidered Soutache-swirls, silk-Taffeta Couture Party Dress 



 1950's vintage Rose Garden, Black & Ivory white Watercolour Floral Chiffon Couture Bridal/ Party Dress


                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment